- Shelby Houlihan and Matt Centrowitz are IG official
- Des Linden joined Jared Ward’s coaching group, Endure Strong
- Grayson Murphey was named USATF Mountain Runner of the year
- Shalane Flanagan got a second knee surgery this week
- A news reporter reporting live at a race in Savannah had her butt slapped by one of the participants. Read the full story here
- Gwen Jorgensen will forgo the Olympic Marathons Trials to focus on the Track Trials. Watch her YouTube announcement here.
- WADA announced that Russia is banned for 4 years, including the 2020 Olympics and the 2022 World Cup
Sharon Colyear-Danville Season Opener
Taylor Werner of Arkansas ran a collegiate record time of 15:11, won’t stand as a record because she ran unattached
2nd - Katie Izzo 15:13
3rd - Weini Kelati 15:14
Edwin Kurgat of Iowa State runs 10th fastest Indoor 5K in NCAA History for the win (13:24), ahead of Donn Cabral from HOKA NJNYTC
Kaitlyn Touhy won her 3rd consecutive NXN National Championship Title // really exciting finish though with the top 3 girls all really close 2nd Taylor Ewert of Beavercreek (OH), 3rd Sydney Thorvaldson of Rawlins (WY) // times were 17:18, 17:19, 17:19
Nico Young won and lead his team (Newbury Park) to the team win, he set a course record of 14:52 (5 second record) in really rainy and sloppy conditions -- IMPRESSIVE!
Footlocker West Regionals
Girls winner - Mia Barnett from La Crescenta, CA in 17:02
Boys winner - Mateo Althouse from Portland, OR in 14:53
Rock n Roll San Antonio Half Marathon
Molly Seidel won in a 1:10
Kalakaua Merrie Mile
Edward Cheserek won his 3rd in a row, Eleanor Purrier in second behind him. She was the only woman to win prize money in the co-ed, equalizer race.
Renee Metivier ran an OTQ of 2:43!
California International Marathon
Top 3 men → Elisha Barno 2:13:36, CJ Albertson 2:13:40, Patrick Smyth 2:13:48
Top 3 women → Jane Kibii 2:29:31, Obsie Birru 2:30:25, Meriah Earle 2:34:35
Olympic Trials Qualifiers - 72 women ran <2:45 // 37 men ran <2:19
- Lindsey Crouse, the reporter who has broken all of the big stories in women's running in the past few years, ran a PR of 2:53
- Former NOP athlete, Tara Welling, ran her first marathon in a 2:41:19 qualifying her for the Olympic Trials Marathon less than a year after having her first daughter, Malia!